Jobs at Lifestyle
You’re looking for a career change, new job or a new environment in which to show off your finely honed skills and personal charm. We’re looking to keep growing and to build out our beloved and fantastic team with more “go-getters” who we can work and play with every day! This seems like it could be a win-win, so let’s see what jobs and career opportunities we’ve got available at the moment that could suit you.
What We Look For in Candidates
The key thing for us is maintaining our strong company culture.
We believe that what makes or breaks a day, a week, or the job can be the people you work with. We seek people who will fit in with the current team, who work hard but have fun. A sense of humour is important. Knowing when to go heads down, and when it’s good to stop for a chat, is also a great feature.
We’re flexible and we hope that our colleagues will be too. This means being prepared to help out someone even if it’s outside your job description. It also means working extra hours if needed to get the job done, but the flexibility goes both ways and we don’t track attendance or time your breaks!
You need to be smart and flexible with the initiative to take control of projects and work on your own. If you’ve got all that, we’re very interested.
What’s a Job with Lifestyle Like?
Hopefully you’ve got a sense already of what jobs at Lifestyle look like. You can also always read the About Us section of this site. We’re a growing team with a variety of ages and personalities but we all get along very well, especially on our company trips!
Here’s what some of our anonymous employee survey polls have come up with:
Current Jobs Open
Head of Private Client, Head of Operations
LIFESTYLE’S ‘REASON FOR EXISTENCE’
Lifestyle is a financial planning firm that provides the highest level of services to both Private and Corporate clients.
Our strategic vision is to be the leading provider of member engagement, financial education and accessible personal advice services. We aim to achieve our strategic vision through:
- profitable growth of funds under management
- alignment of clients, employees, shareholders and providers
- our passion and commitment to improving the lives of team members and clients
Lifestyle’s goal is to employ best practices and methodologies to provide our clients with great outcomes. We also want to provide the best working environment we can for our awesome team, to attract and retain the best people in our profession.
To support our team of advisers in the facilitation of advice and reviews to our private clients, enabling our Financial Advisers to work efficiently and effectively.
Financial Assistant staff are responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of our private clients’ financial portfolios, maintenance of their financial plan and organising reviews
The candidate is expected to grow into and take ownership of the role. There are multiple career progression options open to any candidate that excels at this role and wants to then develop further, including opportunities to build relationships with our disengaged clients, to step into more client-facing and advice provision activities, as well as the opportunity to work with the Workplace Advice Team by supporting them with member education. This is all dependent on first showing an aptitude and ownership of the Financial Administration role with a keen attention to detail, deadlines and a well-managed workflow.
You will be working in a dynamic, highly motivated and responsible team who live and breathe our culture of working hard and being rewarded for it.
The objective of this position is to ensure that the services promised to our clients are consistently and proactively delivered by our Financial Advisers, ensuring they are adequately supported so that they can grow their portfolio of clients, both in “total number” and in “average portfolio size”.
This is achieved by:
- Preparing accurate advice documents (ROA and SOA) in a timely manner.
- Working with advisers, preparing comprehensive and meaningful reviews each year for our existing clients by completing review packs in a timely manner and actioning post review items.
- Showing a keenness to assist with and implement new business, complete it accurately and within a timely manner.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Proactively looking after client needs, meeting service standards for timeliness, accuracy, completeness and professionalism.
- Contacting our clients within an agreed timeframe for their annual reviews, identifying “advice gaps” to increase client benefits, as well as preparation of review paperwork.
- Attending to client enquiries.
- Preparation of dynamic, accurate and well thought out advice documents (Statement of Advice [SOA] and Records of Advice [ROA]) in a timely manner.
- Implementation and follow-up of tasks from the client meetings or queries using XPlan.
- Data entry and management of XPlan to ensure accuracy.
- Assisting Financial Advisers in the new business process where required.
- Proactively and willingly assist other team members.
- Proactively look for and identify ways to improve the team’s productivity.
- Ensuring all work and client communication is of high quality.
- Ensuring technical and client knowledge is up to date and relevant.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Previous Financial Planning industry experience minimum of 6 months is favourable
- Working towards RG146 / DFP, and wanting to work toward Advanced Diploma of Financial Services or CFP®
- Preferred to have or working towards a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Ideally has financial planning software experience (XPlan preferred)
- Good technical financial planning knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Sound judgment and shows discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Shows initiative
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Reliable and flexible
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as autonomously
- Competent PC skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
To apply for this position, please send an email to [email protected] with “Financial Admin” in the subject line, including your name and CV.
Applications sent via other means will not be accepted.